It's that time of year... Flu Season.
Do you have fever, aches, chills, tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, and/or nasal congestion? Then you might have contracted influenza or the Flu. With an especially nasty strain of flu going around this year, we ask that if you have been diagnosed with flu or have been experiencing any of the above symptoms, please call our office to reschedule your appointment at 804-378-1800 and speak to one of our office staff (and then schedule an appointment with your PCP if you haven't been seen yet!)
Here are a few tips from the CDC to help keep you and those around you healthy:
1. Stay at home when you are sick and avoid close contact with others who may be sick. This will help prevent the spread of illness.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing. This will help those around you from getting sick.
3. Wash your hands often. This will help you protect yourself from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are spread by touching things that are contaminated then touches their eyes, nose or mouth.
5. Practice good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces at home, school and at work. This is especially important when someone is sick! Get plenty of rest, eat a healthy diet, exercise, manage your stress, and drink plenty of fluids.
Please help us keep our staff and other patients safe and healthy!
Healthy tips were taken from the CDC Website: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/habits.htm